Information Design- Exercises





6/1/20-19/1/20

Kyra Binti Rizal Hamzah (0337085)
Information Design (Exercises)





Week 1

1.1- Most of the class did the exercise with buttons, but I picked Lego instead, thinking it would be more fun. It was not. It was stressful.

1.2- I don't know how to explain this but I was listing out the Lego pieces by dimension to see if I could arrange them based on that.

1.3- Sketch of an arrangement of the Lego, grouped by size and split into 2 groups; bricks and odd shapes.
1.4- Test arrangement of the pieces. In this, I tried using the 1x2 bricks to form the line dividing the 2 groups, but I later scrapped this.




1.5- Finished exercise.


Week 2


Sketching for Exercise 2; Pokemon infographic based on the LATCH


2.1-  Preliminary sketches, jotted down Pokemon names and some information


2.2- A few more sketches. I was trying to decide how to arrange the Pokemon in my poster as well as how I wanted to layout the poster in general. 
2.3- Sketches where I tried to just draw things from a front view vs isometrically(????)
The concept I had in mind was based on the way Pokemon games take the player on an adventure around a specific region, so I wanted to reflect that in my design by showing directions to landmarks where you could find certain Pokemon.


2.4- Comparing my idea if it was designed portrait or landscape. I decided to do it portrait as it looked like it would fit the information I wanted to include better than landscape would.
2.5- Before I made the poster itself I created some images to use for the 3 landmarks.


2.6- Poster outcome. 




Feedback

Week 1
Try arrange Lego  in a more interesting manner rather than just focusing on uniformity. 

Week 2

Sketch more before proceeding to make my design in Illustrator.

Reflection

Week 1(Monday)- On the first day we were introduced to the module and I'm really excited for this class. To me the subject seems very interesting.
Week 1(Wednesday)- Every time Mr Kannan walked past my table during the tutorial, he laughed at my attempts to arrange my Lego in straight lines T-T
Week 2- I spent way too long doing the Pokemon infographic cause I didn't want to do any injustice to the franchise HAH


Popular Posts